Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 28: Pumpkin in the Face

OMG. LOL.

(Thought about writing the whole post in those absurdly annoying text-isms... but the above, is the extent of my knowledge. It just goes to show, I'm not 16. Try as I might to cover this slight patch of grey hair on my temple, or reduce the appearance of those pesky fine lines, I am unable to hide my age... or wisdom. Yeah. Wisdom. We'll go with that.)

So, I'm running low on punkin' recipes that appeal to me. One of three things happen now, when I look at a recipe:

1. It sounds too hard. These days, if it has more than five ingredients or three lines of instructions, I'm hard pressed to follow through. That's because... I'm hard pressed.

2. It includes the ingredients ginger, cinnamon, or cloves. In November, these spices were welcoming the promise of winter nights, roaring fires, and new knit gloves. In April, the novelty of of those scents (and the winters nights) has worn off. And I'm now, anti-ginger. (I'm sorry... I feel bad. I really do. In real life, I'm a pretty inclusive gal.)

3. I actually gain weight, when I look at the recipe.

So, I decided to do something totally different and make a pumpkin face mask!!!

This is me... (you may want to ask the children to leave the room; it's scary and might induce nightmares.)











Here's what you'll need, so that you too, can have a goofy grin on your face:

2 Teaspoons of pumpkin puree 1/2 Teaspoon honey 1/4 Teaspoon milk

Blend all these ingredients together and apply to your face in a circular motion. Allow mask to dry on your face for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water, pat your face dry, and follow up with your favorite moisturizer.

I found this "recipe" at sustainlane.com... a nifty little site full of sustainability hints and suggestions.

So, as it turns out, I don't really enjoy having food on my face... especially drippy, sort of sticky, slimy food. I generally leave that to my husband, who seemingly, can not eat a meal without saving some for later, in his goatee. And I'd like to be able to tell you that I have found the skin of my youth... but that'd be a lie. And apparently, folks frown on that sort of thing. So I'd give this a solid B... if you've got a day off, and wanna make a mess... this is the recipe for you! Maybe you'll feel like you're 16 again and invite me over for a slumber party. I'll bring my acid-wash jeans, Reebok high-tops, and Aqua-net hairspray...and we can go hang out at the mall for like, ever.

Take your "LOMA" and your "LEMENO" and shove it. We knew how to party.

2 comments:

  1. That picture of you is what I envisioned when you created this blog... plastered with pumpkin puree. So did you get any in your ear this time?

    ReplyDelete