Sunday, April 25, 2010

Murder, Lies, and Banana Peppers

Several days ago, I touched briefly on Silly Cardinal love. I will revisit that sordid tale of unrequited affection, on a later date. For now, I must speak of this:













That's Bell. This was last Wednesday.

He jumped.

Word on the street (and by street, I mean the porch) is that the pressure got to be too much for Bell. I only wish someone had let Bell know, that there are other options. People who will listen... plants who will love you no matter what. But sometimes even that reassurance, doesn't matter. At the end of the day, all I know is that he was so young, so full of promise and well...Bell, will be missed.

Then, just as I was working through this fresh grief, yesterday, in an ill fated attempt at solidarity, Banana jumped as well. I arrived home several hours after the fact, to find this:













Another jumper?

Maybe?

But my instinct tells me otherwise.

And my instinct thinks Banana was pushed.

But no one's talking. I sort of expected Squash to point some fingers (because everyone knows what a pushover Squash is). I've bribed Cucumber and Okra with extra waterings and promises of sunny days ahead. Nothin'. I got rough with Bean and Tomato... neither waivered.

I haven't had the heart to ask Jalapeno. It just seems cruel. But I think Jalapeno knows something. Unfortunately, there's a bit of a language barrier.

None-the-less, I'm determined to get to the bottom of this. Banana will not have died in vain. But until then, may Bell and Banana rest in peace. And eat cake. So here's your Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting. (Get it? Banana pepper...banana cake? See the connection. No?)

What you'll need:
3 Bananas, mashed
1/2 Cup butter, room temperature
1 Cup brown sugar
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup peanut butter plus 3 tablespoons, divided
1 Teaspoon vanilla
2 Cups ap flour
2 Teaspoon baking powder
2 Tablespoon milk
2-2 1/2 Cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to *350. Beat butter, 'nanners (save out 1/2 of a banana for your frosting), and sugars in a large bowl. Add the eggs and 3 tablespoons of the peanut butter too. Gradually add the flour and baking powder. Pour mixture in a greased 9x9 or 13x9 in pan and pop it in the oven for 30-35 minutes.

When the cake has cooled, beat your remaining nanner, peanut butter and milk until smooth. Add powdered sugar until smooth. Frost your cake and call it good.

If I were a detective on tv, I'd hand you my card, and tell you to "call me if you think of anything else you wanna share." But instead I'll grab my print dusting kit, and be on my way. And would welcome any theory you might have...

No comments:

Post a Comment