Why... I hadn't even noticed. But this post, is my 99th post.
That's 99 (plus or minus) references to pumpkin. Approximately 99 cups of pumpkin puree. At least 99 hours that I've sat hunched over my computer, instead of the television (hey... we take the small victories... we can't all be gym goers). And 99 times that I laughed... hoping at least 99 times, that I was able to make someone else laugh. That's 99 times that I wondered what on earth I could possibly make, that might include a cup of pumpkin. And 99 times that I wondered how long I could keep it up and still claim that I loved the orange stuff!
Surely, I can't go into my 100th post, with the same ol' schtick. Besides, I think I'm dreaming a new... old... dream.
And it's doubtful that it will include much pumpkin.
But I promise it will include much gnashing of teeth, hang wringing, and pearl clutching. Does that help? Self inflicted poverty, huge risks, and a total vocational life change? How about I promise that it will include LO-HA-HA-TS (I mean LOTS) of sugar? Surely that helps! (Again. We can't all be gym goers. I mean, think of the doctors... who would pay their salaries?)
So as I consider which way my life ought to turn... I'll pull up a few of my favorite pumpkin posts...
* I loved the Pumpkin Bread Pudding and it just really smacked of Fall. You know, if you're in to that sort of thing...
* I could eat a Pumpkin Waffle everyday of my life, and be pretty happy about it. (If I've said it once, I'll say it 99 more times... having a gym membership, makes you cool? Using it, does not.)
* The Pumpkin Toaster Strudels? Why yes. I will have another. And maybe just one for the road.
* And I really loved the Pumpkin Tiramisu.
* A fan favorite (Hi Dad!) was the Pumpkin Butter. GREAT on fresh biscuits, poured on ice cream, used with your waffles and pancakes... or you could do the conventional thing... and make toast. Whatever.
* And if you're tired of the sugar crashes that come with knowing me...try the Pumpkin Focaccia Bread. This was probably the most original recipe in the bunch and if I do say so myself, one of the best.
But quite possibly, my shining moment... that time when I really stood up and taught you all a little something about myself and the art of the pumpkin puree... was the Pumpkin Puree Rap. I know. It brings a tear to my eye as well.... I'll wait while you get a tissue. Of course, I am still waiting for JayZ to give me some credit on that one... look for it on his album coming out this Fall... him and Beyonce do a duet, that is just to die for.
And really... I'm grateful for the Pumpkin Patch in Scottsdale, Arizona (back in 2003)... that started it all. And a sweet, curious, puppy-Wyatt to warm any cold hearts out there.
Here's to 99 more moments of curiosity, 99 opportunities filled with hope, and 99 new dreams...